Chanel outlet chanel replica replique montres replica watches uk rolex pas cher rolex replica mulberry outlet replique montre
What Lutherans Believe
- The entire Bible, which points to Jesus as the Savior, is the inspired and errorless Word of
God. It is God’s message of love and hope for all people.
- There is only one true God, who exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God is the creator of everything that exists.
- Adam and Eve, our first parents, were originally created by God pure and holy. They lived
according to God’s will, doing what was pleasing to Him.
- Adam and Eve, the man and woman God created in the beginning, went against God’s
will and brought sin into the world. Since that time, all people have been conceived and
born in sin.
- Sin is living out of relationship with God, not living according to God’s will, and
thus transgressing His holy will in thought, word and deed.
- People cannot restore themselves by their good works or restore themselves to a right
relationship with God.
- God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world. He is both true God and true man. He lived to
fulfill God’s law for us, died on the cross to pay the penalty our sins deserved,
and rose from the dead so that we might have eternal life. He ascended into heaven, where
He now sits at the right hand of The Father to intercede for us.
- Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, God declares a person just or righteous and
forgiven. This happens not because of human effort, but because the justification won by
Jesus is applied to the one who believes in Jesus as Savior.
- Faith in Jesus is a gift of God, given by the power of the Holy Spirit; thus all the
glory belongs to God.
- The means of grace are the Word, Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. By these means, the
merits of Jesus’ perfect life and atoning death are personally conveyed to all
who believe in Jesus as their Savior.
- Jesus will come again to take all believers to Himself. On the final day, all the dead
will be raised. Those who are still alive will be bodily transformed. After this the
final judgment will take place. Unbelievers will go into eternal damnation, and believers
into eternal life.
- The true Christian church is made up of all believers of all times who believe in the
Triune God and in Jesus Christ as their only Savior.
- God wants Christians to join with other believers in churches which correctly teach
God’s Word and administer Holy Baptism and Holy Communion according to the teachings
- Christians are called to tell others that the only way of salvation is by faith in Jesus
Christ, and to show their faith by their deeds of love toward others.
(Reprinted from Lutheran Hour
Ministries What Lutherans Believe brochure, ?000)
Back to the Home Page